In case of using MacOS 10.6.8, the following trouble may happen.
- Cannot restart printer queue.
- Printer is normal, but the following messages appear to the printer LCD menu.
- Ink/toner waste bin full!
- OPC at end-of-life!
- OPC almost at end-of-life.
In case 2, you had better ignore the error messages.
In case 1, you need to fix the driver information file (PPD).
[How to fix PPD file (case 1)] (Source is in Japanese)
* Note: If OS fix this trouble, please remove the following setting.
- Open “/etc/cups/ppd” hidden folder.
- Open “Terminal” applicaiton in Utility folder in Applicaiton folder.
- Type “open /etc/cups/ppd” and push Enter key.
- You search the registered printer name (for example: C810.ppd) and copy it to “Desktop”.
[How to copy it to “Desktop”]: Please drag it and drop to “Desktop” while pushing “Option” key.
- Open PPD file.
If your text editor application cannot directly open PPD file, please check the following operation.
- Open TextEdit aplication.
- Select “Open” in the “File” upper menu.
- Select “PPD” file in the desktop.
- Select “UTF-8” in the “Text Encoding” option.
- Click “Open” button.
- Search “*NickName:” and add the following command below it.
- Save the file.
- Replace this file to “/etc/cpus/ppd” folder.
6th July, 2011 Chief of Information processing office: Kitani.