This version was released on September 6th, 2011. This is very critical issue.
- Removed trust exceptions for certificates issue by Staat der Nederlanden
In March incident case, the illegal public SSL certificates by hacker are created is influencing to many famous information services, such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Skype, and so on. In this time, according to some news, it seems many SSL certificates were abused. Therefore, the influence area may widely expand. About the detail information, please see CNET news.
If you use old browser like IE6 / 7 in WindowsXP, you had better consider to upgrade new version (IE8). Then, if you use WindowsXP, please update to the latest root certification file. In case of Internet Explorer, please see the following manual. The other web browser, please upgrade to latest version.
- How to update “root certificate file” for Internet Explorer in WindowsXP
- Please access Microsoft Update using Internet Explorer. And click “Custom” button.
- Click “Additional (Software) Option” and select “Root Certificate Update Program”. And install it.
- in case of Windows Vista/7 for Internet Explorer
- Basically, the operation for update is needed because OS automatically updates when the certificate update is needed Of course, by fixing OS security. If you manually installed the hacked certificate file, you need to remove it.
9th September, 2011 Chief of Information Processing Office.