Apple said, “iOS 10 and macOS Sierra will take away the PPTP connection”.
Thus, please use IKEv2 connection instead of PPTP connection if you want to use PPTP connection for iOS 10 and MacOS Sierra.
How to use IKEv2 Connection with Client Certification
This is a method where a client certificate is issued for each terminal and authenticated here.
For details, please refer to the following.
How to use IKEv2 Connection (Old method: Not recommend)
The manual was checked on iOS 9.3.5 and 10.0.1 (iPhone 6S).
If you completed the following configuration of IKEv2 connection, you can use IKEv2 by the following operation.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Slide the Slide bar on Status item after KUINS-IKEv2 is selected.
- Status is “Connected”, tap on “i” icon on “KUINS-IKEv2”. If “Connect Time” is being counted, the IKEv2 connection is successful!
And then, confirm to display “VPN” icon near Wi-fi icon.
Configuration of IKEv2 Connection (User Authentication)
- Tap on “Settings” > General > VPN
- Tap on “Add VPN Configuration…” link.
- Configure the following settings and Save it.
Type : IKEv2
Description : KUINS-IKEv2
Server : ikev2.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Remote ID : ikev2.kuins.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Local ID : SPS-ID or ECS-ID
User Authentication : Username
Username : SPS-ID or ECS-ID
Password : SPS-ID or ECS-ID Password
PROXY : Auto
URL : http://wpad.kuins.net/proxy.pac
- Confirm to display “KUINS-IKEv2” setting and select it.
13th September, 2016 Chief of Information Processing Office: Kitani.