According to the announcement of Apple co., the “SSD” in a part of MacBookAir has been recalled by Apple co. since October 17th, 2013.
If your MacBookAir occurs the trouble, you won’t be able to rescue all data in the MacBookAir.
First of all, I strongly recommend to back up all data in the MacBookAir (if you have) utilizing “Time Machine” function (Setting Handbook).
- Back up all data in the MacBookAir utilizing “Time Machine” function (Setting Handbook).
- Open “Software Update” in the Apple menu.
- Carry out “MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.1”.
* Or you download “MacBook Air Flash Storage Firmware Update 1.1”.
- By this patch, the MacBookAir will be restarted and be shut down. When you power on it, if there is the trouble machine, the web site of Recall Announcement will be opened. If the web site opens, you should follow the instruction.
[SSD Capacity]: 64GB and 128GB
[Model]: Between June, 2012 and June 2013.
About more information, please above news and announcement.
21st October, 2013: Chief of Information Processing Office: Kitani.