Sometime, the foreign staffs asked for how to use the Wi-Fi at their destination (like hotel) in Japan.
First of all, you had better check the Wi-Fi service at your destination. Unfortunately, if there is not service, the following information may be helpful.
The information was gathered from web sites, so if you’d like to know the detail information, please contact the service provider.
Local Information at Kyoto
1. Use Kyoto Wi-Fi
Kyoto city and its partners has been providing the two free Wi-fi services for everyone in Kyoto city.
- Kyoto Wi-Fi (Web Authorization)
- Kyoto_Wifi2 (Guest code)
Please see the web site about how to use it.
- Please note that you should not use your private information in the free Wi-fi for the security reason!
At least, in case of a free Wi-fi, you only use a secure service, such as Gmail.
2. Use the Prepaid LTE SIM by So-net
This is the prepaid LTE SIM for a SIM lock free machine.
You can buy it.
1. Use of Free Wi-Fi service provided by NTT
- Japan Connected-free Wi-Fi (For Android Smartphone / Tablet)
2. Use the Rental service of the mobile router
3. Use the Prepaid SIM (Purchase)
24th February, 2014 Chief of Information Processing Office: Kitani.
22nd May, 2015: Fixed